(also myna or mynah bird)
Definition of mynah in English:
An Asian and Australasian starling that typically has dark plumage, gregarious behavior, and a loud call.
- Family Sturnidae: several genera and species, in particular the hill mynah (Gracula religiosa), which is popular as a pet bird because of its ability to mimic the human voice
- Sparrows, starlings, Indian mynahs and feral pigeons rarely visit Australian gardens, which welcome an array of colourful native birds.
- Soil can be seeded within monoculture grass, or trees can be planted widely apart so that they do not become roosts for mynas and starlings.
- There are even a few rare records of mynas attacking people.
Mid 18th century: from Hindi mainā.
Words that rhyme with mynahangina, assigner, china, consignor, decliner, definer, Dinah, diner, diviner, forty-niner, hardliner, incliner, Indo-China, liner, maligner, Medina, miner, minor, recliner, refiner, Regina, Salina, Shekinah, shiner, signer, South Carolina, Steiner, twiner, whiner
Definition of mynah in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.