- A red protein containing heme that carries and stores oxygen in muscle cells. It is structurally similar to a subunit of hemoglobin.More example sentences
- The heme of another protein, myoglobin, carries oxygen within muscle cells.
- The key, she believes, may be the iron content of the blood and muscle proteins hemoglobin and myoglobin.
- The blood protein hemoglobin and its relative, myoglobin, carry and store life-giving oxygen in many animals.
More definitions of myoglobinDefinition of myoglobin in:
- The British & World English dictionary