- The smooth muscle tissue of the uterus.More example sentences
- A prominent smooth muscle component, reminiscent of uterine wall myometrium, accounted for most of the cyst wall.
- The myometrium is a thick coat containing smooth muscle and abundant connective tissues.
- Lesions have been found restricted to the serosa, myometrium, endometrium, and combinations thereof, as well as transmural.
early 20th century: modern Latin, from myo- 'muscle' + Greek mētra 'womb'.
More definitions of myometriumDefinition of myometrium in:
- The British & World English dictionary