- A nearsighted person.More example sentences
- The distinctive style of Impressionist painters has been attributed to myopia, and Cézanne, Degas, Pissarro, and Renoir were all known to be myopes.
- Some reports claim that positive suggestion can significantly improve visual acuity (e.g., in myopes).
- A variant of it also affects a small handful of extreme myopes, those who have been severely short-sighted since early childhood.
early 18th century: from French, via late Latin from Greek muōps, from muein 'to shut' + ōps 'eye'.
More definitions of myopeDefinition of myope in:
- The British & World English dictionary