Definition of myopia in English:
- Astigmatism may occur with myopia or hyperopia.
- Apart from testing the eye, they supply booklets detailing eye care with particular reference to refractive errors such as myopia, hypermetropia and astigmatism.
- The Romans considered myopia a permanent defect that reduced the market value of a slave.
1.1Lack of imagination, foresight, or intellectual insight: historians have been censured for their myopia in treating modern science as a western phenomenon
More example sentences
- The Register reports another example of corporate myopia.
- It reeks of the typical psychology and myopia of the supposed intellectually and militarily powerful.
- The result is a sort of national and cultural myopia.
Words that rhyme with myopiacornucopia, dystopia, Ethiopia, subtopia, Utopia
Definition of myopia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.