- 1Nearsightedness.More example sentences
- Astigmatism may occur with myopia or hyperopia.
- Apart from testing the eye, they supply booklets detailing eye care with particular reference to refractive errors such as myopia, hypermetropia and astigmatism.
- The Romans considered myopia a permanent defect that reduced the market value of a slave.
- 1.1Lack of imagination, foresight, or intellectual insight: historians have been censured for their myopia in treating modern science as a western phenomenonMore example sentences
- The Register reports another example of corporate myopia.
- It reeks of the typical psychology and myopia of the supposed intellectually and militarily powerful.
- The result is a sort of national and cultural myopia.
early 18th century: modern Latin, from late Greek muōpia, from Greek muōps (see myope).
More definitions of myopiaDefinition of myopia in:
- The British & World English dictionary