Definition of myopic in English:
- Approximately 62 million people in the United States are myopic (ie, nearsighted) and require eyeglasses or contact lenses for vision correction.
- And of the 5,000 children who turned up at eye clinics for further checks, about half were mildly myopic or shortsighted.
- Retinal degeneration is more common in myopic eyes but it's not exactly related to macular degeneration.
chiefly British shortsighted
1.1Lacking imagination, foresight, or intellectual insight: the government still has a myopic attitude to public spending
More example sentences
- Originally they were portrayed as boring, myopic bean counters completely lacking in foresight or creativity.
- Such notions are myopic and without foresight.
- After all, why should the majority suffer for the myopic attitude of a minority, she asks.
- Example sentences
- A man in a tattered suit, involved, myopically, in some elementary task, despite being surrounded by silent indifference.
- We are myopically focused in one area, which lets us manage the political risk more effectively.
- By late morning he stood on high ground bordering Styal Woods, looking back myopically over the gently undulating farmland.
Words that rhyme with myopicectopic, gyroscopic, heliotropic, horoscopic, isotopic, isotropic, kaleidoscopic, macroscopic, microscopic, misanthropic, philanthropic, phototropic, telescopic, topic, tropic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.