Definition of myotis in English:
An insectivorous bat with mouselike ears, a slender muzzle, and a flight membrane that extends between the hind legs and the tip of the tail. Also called mouse-eared bat.
- Genus Myotis, family Vespertilionidae: numerous species, including the little brown myotis (M. lucifugus), one of the most common and widespread bats in the US and Canada
- We never observed the raccoon take an Indiana myotis, but predation was the likely intent, given that raccoons are known predators on bats.
- Diets of little brown myotis and eastern pipistrelles were highly diverse.
- We have been pleased to note sustained growth in population numbers of both the cave myotis and the endangered lesser long-nosed bat.
Definition of myotis in:
- British & World English dictionary