Definition of myotis in English:
An insectivorous bat with mouselike ears, a slender muzzle, and a flight membrane that extends between the hind legs and the tip of the tail. Also called mouse-eared bat.
- Genus Myotis, family Vespertilionidae: numerous species, including the little brown myotis (M. lucifugus), one of the most common and widespread bats in the US and Canada
- We never observed the raccoon take an Indiana myotis, but predation was the likely intent, given that raccoons are known predators on bats.
- Diets of little brown myotis and eastern pipistrelles were highly diverse.
- We have been pleased to note sustained growth in population numbers of both the cave myotis and the endangered lesser long-nosed bat.
Definition of myotis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan