- Surgical incision into the eardrum, to relieve pressure or drain fluid.More example sentences
- A myringotomy drains the fluids and prevents the build up of fluids in the future.
- The surgical procedures were adenoidectomy, myringotomy, and tympanoplasty.
- If fluid was apparent, myringotomy was performed, and the fluid was sent for culture.
late 19th century: from modern Latin myringa 'eardrum' + -tomy.
More definitions of myringotomyDefinition of myringotomy in:
- The British & World English dictionary