- 1 (also myrobalan plum) another term for purple-leaf plum.
- 2.1 (also myrobalan nut) The fruit of the myrobalan tree, used especially for tanning leather.More example sentences
- It consists of three myrobalans or fruits each having the property to regulate each of the respective Tridoshas.
- The dried fruit is also known as the black myrobalan of ancient commerce and at one time was exported to Europe for the production of ink.
- Around 78 000 to 100 000 tonnes of myrobalan nuts are estimated to be produced annually.
late Middle English: from French myrobolan or Latin myrobalanum, from Greek murobalanos, from muron 'unguent' + balanos 'acorn'.
More definitions of myrobalanDefinition of myrobalan in:
- The British & World English dictionary