- A fragrant gum resin obtained from certain trees and used, especially in the Near East, in perfumery, medicines, and incense.
More example sentences
- The trees belong to the genus Commiphora, family Burseraceae, in particular C. myrrha
- They valued its trees which produced the aromatic gum resins frankincense and myrrh.
- Other ingredients such as propolis, myrrh, tea tree and echinacea can help slow bacterial growth, strengthen gum tissue and prevent inflammation.
- Who is this coming up from the desert like a column of smoke, perfumed with myrrh and incense made from all the spices of the merchant?
Old English myrra, myrre, via Latin from Greek murra, of Semitic origin; compare with Arabic murr 'bitter'.