- A religion centered on secret or mystical rites for initiates, especially any of a number of cults popular during the late Roman Empire.More example sentences
- And it kind of evolved into a mystery religion.
- The result is a Celtic Christian mystery religion which centres on the grail as a mystic experience.
- This is most notable in the area of religion, with the advent of various mystery religions, but the Egyptians especially had a strong effect on Greek philosophy and science.
More definitions of mystery religionDefinition of mystery religion in:
- The British & World English dictionary