Definition of mystic in English:
A person who seeks by contemplation and self-surrender to obtain unity with or absorption into the Deity or the absolute, or who believes in the spiritual apprehension of truths that are beyond the intellect.
- Like the monastics and mystics at their best, Bondi has a gift for seeing God everywhere.
- Freeman, like numerous mystics and contemplatives before him, shows us that our main problem is ourselves.
- Through the ages Christian mystics have also pursued joy through ascetic, rather than ecstatic, disciplines.
adjectiveBack to top
another term for mystical.
- It was at once the most sacrilegious and yet mystic moment many of them had ever experienced.
- Their religious rituals shroud themselves in mystic diversity.
- Do we need to invoke some sort of mystic intuition?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan