- 1Of or relating to the making of a myth or myths.More example sentences
- Through experiences of community, rituals, and teachings, the mythopoetic men sought to overcome negative images of masculinity by creating new ones (or retrieving ancient ones) from myths and poems.
- We hedonists have a mythology of our own, symbolized by a mythopoetic demi-god who loves a good drink and frowns on those who would keep him from it.
- No less powerfully mythopoetic than the classical image of the disease, the demonological model envisioned the hysterical anesthesias, mutisms, and convulsions as stigmati diaboli or marks of the devil.
- 1.1Relating to or denoting a movement for men that uses activities such as storytelling and poetry reading as a means of self-understanding.More example sentences
- So what happened to Robert Bly's mythopoetic movement?
- The mythopoetic men's movement heavily utilized Jungian psychology influenced by Muslim Sufiism to achieve these ends, as they also created temporary experiences of intimate male community.
More definitions of mythopoeticDefinition of mythopoetic in:
- The British & World English dictionary