Definition of myxomycete in English:
A slime mold, especially an acellular one whose vegetative stage is a multinucleate plasmodium.
- Division Myxomycota, kingdom Fungi, in particular the class Myxomycetes; also treated as protozoan (phylum Gymnomyxa, kingdom Protista)
- Fortunately, mycologists quickly dismissed any Extraterrestrial Biological Entity hypothesis and identified the blobs as part of a slime mold or myxomycete.
- These observations corroborate results of the cognate introns in the myxomycetes Didymium and Physarum, where no in vitro splicing products were detected.
- A survey of myxomycetes was conducted at three sites within Cedars of Lebanon State Park, Wilson County, Tennessee from May 1 to September 30, 1993.
Definition of myxomycete in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.