- Denoting a region in a semiconductor in which electrical conduction is due chiefly to the movement of electrons. Often contrasted with p-type.More example sentences
- For this purpose, an n-type region in which electrons are negatively charged majority carriers is grown on a p-type base in which holes are positively charged majority carriers or vice versa.
- Because there's such a high concentration of electrons in the n-type region, the diffusion currents are extremely strong, and electrons flow at an enormous rate.
- Tin oxide, which has an excess of electrons available for conduction, is an n-type semiconductor.
More definitions of n-typeDefinition of n-type in:
- The British & World English dictionary