noun (plural nachos)
- A small crisp piece of a tortilla, typically topped with melted cheese and spices.More example sentences
- Entrées come with mixed greens, soup, nachos or pasta salad.
- By now, the fans have had their fill of burgers, fries, pizza, wings and nachos.
- A dream come true for all junk-food lovers with pizzas, burgers, nachos and nuggets.
perhaps from Mexican Spanish Nacho, nickname for Ignacio, given name of the chef credited with creation of the dish. An alternative derivation is from Spanish nacho 'flat-nosed'.
More definitions of nachoDefinition of nacho in:
- The British & World English dictionary