(also nail biter)
Definition of nail-biter in English:
A situation causing great anxiety or tension: a nail-biter of a victory
More example sentences
- And, speaking of nail-biters, the mission begins.
- Apart from rooting interest, the games were explosive nail-biters, swollen with drama, and all a sports fan could hope for.
- The Canada-Sweden game that followed was also a nail-biter, but Sweden controlled the second half and put a couple in late to get a well-deserved win.
- Example sentences
- Dorking will have to endure a nail-biting final game of the season.
- Months of anxious waiting and nail-biting tension came to an end this week for more than 2000 local students who were anxiously awaiting the big occasion.
- They had to endure almost constant second half pressure, wasting countless opportunities to ease the nail-biting tension and, quite frankly, inviting trouble.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.