(also nail biter)
Definition of nail-biter in English:
A situation causing great anxiety or tension: a nail-biter of a victory
More example sentences
- And, speaking of nail-biters, the mission begins.
- Apart from rooting interest, the games were explosive nail-biters, swollen with drama, and all a sports fan could hope for.
- The Canada-Sweden game that followed was also a nail-biter, but Sweden controlled the second half and put a couple in late to get a well-deserved win.
- Example sentences
- Dorking will have to endure a nail-biting final game of the season.
- Months of anxious waiting and nail-biting tension came to an end this week for more than 2000 local students who were anxiously awaiting the big occasion.
- They had to endure almost constant second half pressure, wasting countless opportunities to ease the nail-biting tension and, quite frankly, inviting trouble.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan