Definition of nailhead in English:
1The rounded head of a nail.
- This is a matter of personal preference, although adhesive has the advantage of eliminating visible nailheads and reducing nail pops.
- Slip the flange of the roof cap under the shingles above it, nail it to the roof, and seal the nailheads with roofing cement.
- Too often chips fly from steel chisels, or nailheads break off.
1.1An ornament like the head of a nail, used chiefly in architecture and on clothing.
- In the 17th century, nail heads were considered as decorative and were arranged in ornamental patterns.
- Press the nail heads, pearl studs and other embellishments of your choice into the uncured Gold and Copper clays surrounding the image transfers.
- The addition of bakeable embellishments such as pearls, charms and nail heads completes the effect.
Definition of nailhead in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan