- A kettledrum.More example sentences
- Many chronicles attest that the nakers were a standard part of the royal military establishment, but they were also evident in civilian and dance music ensembles.
- An expert on his nakers might well be accomplished on other instruments, like the symphony, a forerunner of the hurdy-gurdy.
- Ironically, the lute, shawm and nakers had all been recently imported to Europe from the Middle East.
late Middle English: from Old French nacaire, from Arabic naḳḳāra 'drum'.
More definitions of nakerDefinition of naker in:
- The British & World English dictionary