noun (plural same or nakfas)
- The basic monetary unit of Eritrea, equal to 100 cents.More example sentences
- A litre of petrol went up by 40% to 20 nakfas diesel went up 25% to 10 nakfas a litre.
- Since the economy collapsed, the rent and everything have become so expensive, so I need 700 nakfas or 800 nakfas every month.
- A phone to my wife for 2 minutes and 40 seconds costed 109 nakfas.
1990s: from Nakfa, the name of the town where the country's armed struggle against the Ethiopian regime was launched.
More definitions of nakfaDefinition of nakfa in:
- The British & World English dictionary