Definition of nandina in English:
An evergreen eastern Asian shrub that resembles bamboo and is cultivated for its foliage, which turns red or bronze in autumn. Also called celestial bamboo.
- Nandina domestica, family Berberidaceae
- They placed shrubs-roses, azaleas, altheas, forsythia, crepe myrtle, spirea, camellias, nandina, and wild honeysuckle-throughout the yard.
- Outside the dining-room window, a tiered fountain bubbles in a shady entry garden with nandina, butterfly iris, camellias, ferns and hostas.
- Wrap large bundles of nandina berries with florist's tape, add a bow and hang on a door, newel post or mailbox.
Definition of nandina in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan