Definition of nandina in English:
An evergreen eastern Asian shrub that resembles bamboo and is cultivated for its foliage, which turns red or bronze in autumn. Also called celestial bamboo.
- Nandina domestica, family Berberidaceae
- They placed shrubs-roses, azaleas, altheas, forsythia, crepe myrtle, spirea, camellias, nandina, and wild honeysuckle-throughout the yard.
- Outside the dining-room window, a tiered fountain bubbles in a shady entry garden with nandina, butterfly iris, camellias, ferns and hostas.
- Wrap large bundles of nandina berries with florist's tape, add a bow and hang on a door, newel post or mailbox.
Definition of nandina in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.