noun (plural narcos)US • informal
- 1Narcotics; illegal drugs: [as modifier]: the multi-billion dollar narco tradeMore example sentences
- "Narcoterrorism" would be toothless if we in the US could find a more sensible way of dealing with the ever-present demand for "the narco."
- Dr Malini is a narco expert.
- Scientists note that the narco traders will simply breed their coca plants to be resistant to the disease.
- 1.1A dealer in drugs: political bosses who may have links to the narcosMore example sentences
- They have rattled the narcos, impeding some trafficking routes and increasing weapons seizures.
- Later, the narcos fought with the guerrillas, because they hadn't carried out the agreement to protect the crops and the laboratory.
- They believe that governments are sincere about combating drugs and the narco.
1950s: abbreviation of narcotic.
More definitions of narcoDefinition of narco in:
- The British & World English dictionary