Definition of narwhal in English:
A small Arctic whale, the male of which has a long forward-pointing spirally twisted tusk developed from one of its teeth.
- Monodon monoceros, family Monodontidae
- Dolphins and porpoises are examples of odontocetes, as are belugas, narwhals, killer whales, sperm whales, and beaked whales.
- Polar bears are seagoing hunters that roam vast areas of the Arctic, pursuing a movable feast of seals, narwhals, beluga whales, and walruses.
- For centuries observers have been fascinated and mystified by the majestic spiral tusk grown by the small Arctic whale known as the narwhal.
Words that rhyme with narwhalinterval • serval
Definition of narwhal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.