- informal or dialect form of not. nary a murmur or complaintMore example sentences
- Finally, with nary an extra to be found, not even a trailer, this disc is the very definition of bare bones.
- There's nary a nipple in site, which suggests that the marketing people knew they had to sell the sizzle instead of the steak.
- If this band takes its name from any story, it's clearly this one, and yet, the band makes nary a mention of it.
mid 18th century: from the phrase ne'er a.
More definitions of naryDefinition of nary in:
- The British & World English dictionary