Definition of nascent in English:
1(Especially of a process or organization) just coming into existence and beginning to display signs of future potential: the nascent space industry
More example sentences
- And there are signs of nascent political and economic reforms, albeit small, tentative ones.
- The nascent signs of global recovery appear to augur well in this regard.
- My point in all this is not that the nascent political process is pointless - quite the opposite.
1.1 Chemistry (Chiefly of hydrogen) freshly generated in a reactive form.
- It is also the site of folding and modification of nascent protein chains and assembly of multisubunit complexes.
- The nitriding process is based on the affinity of nascent nitrogen for iron and certain other. metallic elements.
- Ozone also tends to be unstable and break down into dioxygen and nascent oxygen and to react readily with other substances.
Early 17th century: from Latin nascent- 'being born', from the verb nasci.
- Example sentences
- Developmental trajectories on these performance measures are unavailable in this sample at the early developmental ages when acquisition of these skills may be in their nascence.
- In addition, as a relatively young and undeveloped tool for communication, the Internet's nascence is the very thing that makes it so appealing; its possibilities at this point remain endless.
- While it adequately covers the campaign from its nascence in the defeat of Poland through the final capitulation of the French, there are two areas that detract from the final product.
- Example sentences
- These examples of the geological museum in its nascency give hints of aspects that remain important in its modern role.
- We are within the nascency of a new age, a new concept of time, a new symbiotic entelechy.
- You are encouraged to question everything you know about fashion as you are taken on an individual journey from nascency to empyrean.
Words that rhyme with nascentpassant
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan