(also nashi pear)
- another term for Asian pear.More example sentences
- Of the nashi grown in New Zealand, 95 percent are Hosui, although smooth-skinned, greenish-yellow Nijisseiki and the mottled Kosui also make excellent eating.
- Just before serving, prepare the nashi and add to rest of the fruit.
- Sipping on our nashi pear and lychee Martinis, we surveyed the room.
1960s: from Japanese, literally 'pear'.
More definitions of nashiDefinition of nashi in:
- The British & World English dictionary