- A South American trailing plant with round leaves and bright orange, yellow, or red edible flowers that is widely grown as an ornamental.
More example sentences
- Tropaeolum majus, family Tropaeolaceae
- Examples of these are ivy (the variegated types look very pretty), trailing lobelia, nasturtiums and ivy leaf geraniums.
- These could be interspersed with edible flowers, trailing nasturtiums and orange Calendula would be musts.
- For great foliage and color contrast, plant yellow nasturtiums around the outer rim of the planter.
Old English, from Latin, apparently from naris 'nose' + torquere 'to twist'.
More definitions of nasturtiumDefinition of nasturtium in:
- The British & World English dictionary