Definition of nation in English:
1A large aggregate of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory: leading industrialized nations
More example sentences
- We cannot allow ourselves to be dependent on other nations, history has taught us that.
- The sooner we can distance ourselves from these artificial things known as nations the better.
- We are after all talking about the richest, most powerful nation on Earth.
- Example sentences
- When national home means national state and there are two nations, only one will be able to realize its nationhood.
- But the most interesting point that came up was the generational difference in perceptions of nationhood.
- The concept of nationhood is, I think, inherently bound up with the concept of national defense.