1 another term for central bank.
- In Serbia 1992 the national bank issued single bank notes of 500 billion Serbian dinars.
- Of course national banks cannot file for bankruptcy.
- A supporter of the Glorious Revolution, he was engaged during the Nine Years War in government finance and pressed upon the government the establishment of a national bank to help finance the war.
1.1A commercial bank that is chartered under the federal government and is a member of the Federal Reserve System.
- All national banks and member banks of the Federal Reserve System are required to join.
- The second major feature of campaign finance regulation is bans on contributions by corporations, national banks, unions, Federal government contractors, and foreign nationals.
- Calling itself the Federal Reserve, so as to seem official, it replaced the national bank system.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: na·tion·al bank
Definition of national bank in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.