Definition of national bank in English:
1 another term for central bank.
- In Serbia 1992 the national bank issued single bank notes of 500 billion Serbian dinars.
- Of course national banks cannot file for bankruptcy.
- A supporter of the Glorious Revolution, he was engaged during the Nine Years War in government finance and pressed upon the government the establishment of a national bank to help finance the war.
1.1A commercial bank that is chartered under the federal government and is a member of the Federal Reserve System.
- All national banks and member banks of the Federal Reserve System are required to join.
- The second major feature of campaign finance regulation is bans on contributions by corporations, national banks, unions, Federal government contractors, and foreign nationals.
- Calling itself the Federal Reserve, so as to seem official, it replaced the national bank system.
Definition of national bank in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan