1Having a specified innate characteristic or ability: Glen was a natural-born sailor
More example sentences
- A natural-born performer, Brown began writing her own music when she was 12 years old.
- For example, I'm something of a natural-born show-off (hadn't you guessed?)
- ‘My running mate is a natural-born leader,’ Kerry said.
1.1 archaic Having a position by birth.
- Also, the Constitution requires that the president be a natural-born citizen, so Chao, born in Taiwan, and Martinez, who came to the United States from Cuba, would not be eligible.
- Documents taken from the National Archive microfilm point to FPJ not being a natural-born citizen of the Philippines and therefore ineligible to run for president.
- The US president and vice-president must be natural-born citizens, at least 35 years of age and residents of the country for 14 years.
Definition of natural-born in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.