- The frequency at which a system oscillates when not subjected to a continuous or repeated external force.More example sentences
- What we call the ‘natural frequency’ in here is actually the lowest natural frequency of the string.
- Tuned vibration damping will reduce the amplification at the natural frequency and prevent the system from oscillating in response to transient vibrations.
- The swing is behaving like a tuned resonator which responds strongly to a driving force at its own natural frequency but is less responsive at other frequencies.
More definitions of natural frequencyDefinition of natural frequency in:
- The British & World English dictionary