Definition of natural science in English:
noun(usually natural sciences)
1A branch of science that deals with the physical world, e.g., physics, chemistry, geology, and biology.
- In the natural sciences, biology and geology should be emphasized.
- The first is a scientific encyclopaedia covering logic, natural sciences, psychology, geometry, astronomy, arithmetic and music.
- In addition, all institutions have freshman introductory courses both in natural sciences and social sciences.
1.1The branch of knowledge that deals with the study of the physical world.
- Hence, physical or natural science is the study of material bodies that undergo change and are either in motion or repose.
- He won an open scholarship in mathematics and natural science to study at Trinity College, Cambridge.
- It is characteristic of him that his decision to study natural science and medicine was determined not so much by his reading as by his dreams.
natural scientist noun
- Example sentences
- How does it happen that a properly endowed natural scientist comes to concern himself with epistemology?
- As a natural scientist, you recognize that you cannot assign characteristics at will to chemical and biological entities.
- Recently, a group of social and natural scientists have come together to help coalesce what they envisage as a new, emerging field of ‘sustainability science’.
Definition of natural science in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia