- (In South Asia) a traditional dance performed by professional dancing girls.More example sentences
- There were performances by the ubiquitous nautch girls.
- Weddings and other festive occasions are observed with much enthusiasm and are often celebrated with feasting, and sometimes with nautch girls.
- It has the taint of the louche, as did its forebear, the nautch show.
from Hindi nāc, from Prakrit nachcha, from Sanskrit nṛtya 'dancing'.
More definitions of nautchDefinition of nautch in:
- The British & World English dictionary