- Of, in, or relating to a navy or navies: a naval officer naval operationsMore example sentences
- I would like to study about the naval history between the Japanese and the Royal Navy.
- He is also an avid historian and often conducts tours of the historical naval base.
- The harbour at Suda Bay was the largest in the Mediterranean Sea and an ideal base for naval operations.
late Middle English: from Latin navalis, from navis 'ship'.
More definitions of navalDefinition of naval in:
- The British & World English dictionary