Definition of navigation in English:
1The process or activity of accurately ascertaining one’s position and planning and following a route.
- Its flight control, navigation and vehicle management are independent and based on a mission plan.
- Phoenix will be used as a demonstrator for the autonomous navigation and flight-control system used for the final approach and landing of the unmanned vehicle.
- While on the route, the aircraft practice visual low-level navigation, simulated threat reactions and simulated target attacks.
2The passage of ships: bridges to span rivers without hindering navigation
More example sentences
- Rivers were open to ship navigation at that time.
- The emphasis is on railway transport, river navigation receiving less attention.
- As we have seen, however, the practical exercise of a right to arrest ships in passage poses serious dangers to navigation, and it is rarely used as a means of enforcing anti-pollution regulations.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.