Definition of nebulizer in English:
A device for producing a fine spray of liquid, used for example for inhaling a medicinal drug.
- In the phase 2 study, children use a nebulizer to inhale cisplatin, a standard cancer drug that has been specially encapsulated in protective fatty protein bubbles.
- A nebulizer machine turns liquid medicine into a vapor (like a cloud) that you can breathe.
- Because the drugs mentioned above are far more expensive than bronchodilator solutions, wastage of drug in a nebulizer needs to be minimized.
- Example sentences
- He was transferred to an acute medical ward but continued to deteriorate despite receiving nebulised bronchodilators, intravenous hydrocortisone, aminophylline, and antibiotics.
- All subjects were premedicated with 2 mg nebulized terbutaline.
- His symptoms responded well to nebulised salbutamol.
Definition of nebulizer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.