Definition of necrotizing fasciitis in English:
An acute disease in which inflammation of the fasciae of muscles or other organs results in rapid destruction of overlying tissues.
- This disease is caused by the bacterium Streptococcus pyogenes
- Group A beta-hemolytic streptococci can also cause invasive infections such as necrotizing fasciitis, myositis and streptococcal toxic shock syndrome.
- The invasive strains were responsible for severe infections such as streptococcal toxic shock syndrome, necrotizing fasciitis, postpartum endometritis, and bacteraemia.
- Pyrogenic exotoxins also have been linked to unusually severe invasive infections including necrotizing fasciitis and streptococcal toxic shock syndrome.
Definition of necrotizing fasciitis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.