- (Of a flower) producing nectar.More example sentences
- The declining flowering phase of B. monosperma coincided with the peak flowering phase of Erythrina indica, another nectariferous tree with bright scarlet flowers that attract birds.
- Neiland and Wilcock indicated that nectariferous orchids are more successful in setting fruit than nectarless species.
- Although these four orchids are scented and nectariferous, natural fruit-set was low in the wild, particularly in E. mucronata and E. aestivalis.
More definitions of nectariferousDefinition of nectariferous in:
- The British & World English dictionary