- 1A peach of a variety with smooth, thin, brightly colored skin and rich firm flesh.More example sentences
- Infestations of grapes are often due to a buildup in other soft fruits such as figs, apricots, peaches, nectarines, or citrus.
- White nectarines and peaches are fine, but the yellow nectarine is really something else - smooth-skinned and warmly sweet and the color of sunshine.
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet, add the nectarine flesh, the balsamic vinegar, pepper flakes, cumin seeds and 1 Tbsp lime juice.
- 1.1The tree bearing the nectarine.More example sentences
- A tub of bulbs (I can't remember whether they're the snowdrops or the tulips) are pushing through; the nectarine in the sun room is growing leaves and flower buds and the blueberries outside are also budding.
- More than 50 varieties of peaches, nectarines, apricots and low-chill plums grew in Sam's orchard, but many were recently lost to floods.
- At Comebella she planted orchards - oranges, lemons, apples, nectarines, peaches; and a great luscious garden of trees and flowers enclosed the farmhouse.
More definitions of nectarineDefinition of nectarine in:
- The British & World English dictionary