adjective (needier, neediest)
1(Of a person) lacking the necessities of life; very poor: needy and elderly people
More example sentences
- The foremost vision of the Trust is to provide affordable Nursing Education to the needy students from poor and under privileged families.
- Old students also volunteered to help poor and needy students.
- Parvaiz was a silent social worker who saved many lives by donating blood to poor and needy patients and diving into the said river to save lives.
- More example sentences
- The abuse of power is rooted in the abusive family member's extreme emotional deprivation and neediness.
- Frank sang aggressively, peremptorily, without really expecting an answer; there is desperation and neediness in Nora's voice, but I don't hear her as genuinely asking a question either.
- He believes that conservatives tend to be people whose psychological needs went unmet in childhood, and who survived this early impoverishment by developing contempt for their own neediness.