- 1The south-seeking pole of a magnet.More example sentences
- The main component of the Sun's magnetic field is similar to a bar magnet, with a positive pole and a negative pole.
- Since growth of dendrite of lithium or zinc at the time of the charge can be prevented, short circuit between the negative pole and the positive pole can be prevented.
- For example, imagine an equilateral triangle made of wood with a strong magnet, positive pole facing up embedded at each vertex. suspend a magnet with negative pole facing down by a string exactly over the center of the triangle.
- 1.1A cathode.More example sentences
- A voltage in the range of 0.25 volts or more is applied to the circuit by connecting the positive pole of a programmable power supply to the anode and the negative pole to the cathode.
More definitions of negative poleDefinition of negative pole in:
- The British & World English dictionary