- 1Discussion aimed at reaching an agreement: a worldwide ban is currently under negotiation negotiations between unions and employersMore example sentences
- It took five months of negotiations between the two parties to have the agreement in place.
- The road map calls for negotiations between the two sides, leading to a two-state solution.
- Final figures are still subject to negotiations between museum chiefs and the Treasury.
- 1.1The action or process of negotiating: negotiation of the dealsMore example sentences
- The next step in the process is negotiation of the transfer of assets from the student union to the Gateway.
- This lengthy journey is clearly a commentary on the current process of negotiation of settlements.
- There had only been the exchange of affidavits prior to the negotiation of the settlement.
- 1.2The action or process of transferring ownership of a document.More example sentences
- A detailed review of the lease negotiation is necessary to determine this issue.
- Transfer or negotiation is easiest where the bill is payable to bearer.
- The venture was not a success and the next year both parties embarked on a process of negotiation for the domains.
late 15th century (denoting an act of dealing with another person): from Latin negotiatio(n-), from the verb negotiari (see negotiate).