Definition of nemesia in English:
A plant related to the snapdragon that is cultivated for its colorful, obliquely funnel-shaped flowers.
- Genus Nemesia, family Scrophulariaceae: several species, in particular N. strumosa and its hybrids
- Petunias, snapdragons and nemesia are good annuals to add in the fall.
- In zones 15-17, you can also plant calceolaria, cineraria, nemesia, and schizanthus.
- The lower bed holds mostly annuals including yellow and orange nemesias, and pink godetias.
Modern Latin, from Greek nemesion, denoting various similar plants.
Definition of nemesia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.