An antibiotic related to streptomycin, active against a wide variety of bacterial infections.
- This antibiotic is obtained from the bacterium Streptomyces fradiae
More example sentences
- The injected IPV should not be given to persons with severe allergy to neomycin, streptomycin, or polymyxin B.
- Her general practitioner had treated it unsuccessfully with neomycin and gramicidin ointment and oral flucloxacillin and metronidazole.
- The circulating nurse removes the microscope; applies neomycin, polymyxin B sulfates, and dexamethasone ointment (Maxitrol); and tapes the eye shield in place over the surgical eye.
Definition of neomycin in:
- The British & World English dictionary