Definition of neon tetra in English:
A small Amazonian characin (fish) with a shining blue-green stripe along each side and a red band near the tail, popular in aquariums.
- Paracheirodon innesi, family Characidae
- Another member of the large characin clan, the lemon tetra has a fairly elongated body like its smaller relative the neon tetra and like neons and other characins, the lemon tetra does best if kept in small schools of six to eight fish.
- I can't stop laughing at the poor neon tetra… imagine how freaky the other fish must look to that poor creature!
- Like its little cousin, the neon tetra, the glowlight is an easy fish to keep in a community tank.
Definition of neon tetra in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.