Definition of neonate in English:
1A newborn child or mammal.
- Clavicular fractures are the most common broken bones in newborns, especially large neonates.
- The perinatal characteristics of neonates not included in the study were similar to those included.
- Apnea of prematurity is one of the most common and frustrating conditions that nurses, physicians and neonates face in the intensive care unit.
1.1 Medicine An infant less than four weeks old.
- Administration of surfactant in neonates with infant respiratory distress syndrome has led to improved survival rates.
- Fatal complications and outcomes (neonatal death and intracranial haemorrhage) were similar between neonates and infants from two large birth cohorts in the United States after delivery by forceps or vacuum extraction.
- It is usually not significant in immunocompetent individuals, but can be of serious consequence, and sometimes fatal, in neonates, infants, and immunosuppressed patients.
Words that rhyme with neonatedesignate • redesignate • cognate
Definition of neonate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.