A plant of a genus that includes catnip and several kinds cultivated for their spikes of blue or violet flowers.
- Genus Nepeta, family Labiatae
More example sentences
- Others are tiny and quite dainty - like the many nepetas and campanulas, or Veronica peduncularis ‘Georgia Blue’.
- This works extremely well with my geraniums, coreopsis, nepeta, and Campanula carpatica.
- Hosta sieboldiana ‘Elegans’, the grey-blue tinge of an agave and the blue flowers of nepeta all work in harmony with the piece.
modern Latin, from Latin nepeta 'calamint' (formerly in this genus).
Definition of nepeta in:
- The British & World English dictionary