- An instrument for measuring the size and concentration of particles suspended in a liquid or gas, especially by means of the light they scatter.More example sentences
- In the present study, we investigated the technical feasibility of using the nephelometer to measure breath-by-breath particle deposition and to monitor exposure environments in field studies.
- It's also very cloudy, something you can measure with a nephelometer, a tool that transmits light across a few centimeters of seawater and measures how much is absorbed
- The portable nephelometer could, therefore, respond to changes in the particle concentration in inhaled versus exhaled air.
late 19th century: from Greek nephelē 'cloud' + -meter.
More definitions of nephelometerDefinition of nephelometer in:
- The British & World English dictionary