noun (plural nephrectomies)
- Surgical removal of one or both of the kidneys.More example sentences
- Advanced surgical techniques now allow the donor nephrectomy to be performed through a laparoscope.
- The bilateral nephrectomies were performed for angiomyolipomas and renal cell carcinomas, and the pink papules were angiofibromas.
- Bilateral nephrectomy has been reported to ‘cure’ malignant hypertension in hemodialysis patients.
More definitions of nephrectomyDefinition of nephrectomy in:
- The British & World English dictionary