A chiefly tropical mollusk with a somewhat globe-shaped and brightly marked shell, typically found in water.
- Superfamily Neritacea, class Gastropoda: several genera and species, including the European freshwater snail Theodoxus fluviatilis
More example sentences
- As with the checkered nerite, some members of a population spend more time in the water than others.
- To eat the contents, the nerite has to crush the diatom's hard silicate armour on the ground.
- External colour in tropical nerites is quite variable, and of limited use in identification.
Definition of nerite in:
- The British & World English dictionary